Call for Papers
The Editors of Evental Aesthetics, a peer reviewed journal of philosophical perspectives on aesthetic practice and experience, are pleased to announce the following call for papers for 2016. The journal is completely open-access: we charge no fees to either our authors or our readers. We are also completely independent: the journal is unaffiliated with any institution. We welcome submissions in English from independent and institutionally affiliated scholars worldwide.
Summer & Fall 2016 – Aesthetic Inquiries:
All issues of EA include a section called “Aesthetic Inquiries,” which features a selection of articles from outside the current theme. Contributions to this section may address philosophical matters pertaining to any aesthetic practice or experience, including but not limited to art and everyday aesthetics. In 2016, we will invite submissions for two theme-free issues entitled “Aesthetic Inquiries.”
Deadline for consideration in Summer 2016 issue: 28 February, 2016.
Deadline for consideration in Fall 2016 issue: 30 June, 2016.
Winter 2016 – Sound Art and Environment: Deadline: 31 October, 2016
Guest Editor: Gascia Ouzounian
- Sound art and ontologies of space, place, and/or sociality
- Sound art and landscape, environment, geography, urban and public space
- Sound art and experimental approaches to architecture, planning, and mapping
- Sound art in remote or contested places, including conflict or post-conflict zones and under-served communities
- Sound art and biopolitics; new approaches to ecology and acoustic ecology; sound art and environmental activism
- Sound art and the non-human world
Topics may be freely interpreted. However, all submissions must address philosophical matters.
The Winter issue will also include an "Aesthetic Inquiries" section (see above).
We welcome articles (4000-8000 words), Collisions (1000-2500 words), and proposals for our Reading section. Please visit eventalaesthetics.net for submission requirements and instructions, including details on Collisions and Reading proposals. For questions not covered by the site, contact the Editors at email@example.com.